Well, that was no fun. At all.
After six or seven weeks of being put on a couch to suffer with shingles, I’ve finally come out on the other side. Mostly. I still have some minor vision loss in my right eye that my ophthalmologist is still trying to correct and I’m still fatigued. But not like I was and I am able to finally put in several hours of work without having to take a nap. So yeah, on the mend.
If you can buy it or your insurance will cover it, I highly recommend the shingles vaccine — or maybe the new vaccine that is being approved this year. You do not want shingles. Trust me.
In all of this, many of you have had to patiently wait for books, books that I wasn’t strong enough to pick up and ship out to their authors. Here is an update on that:
- Jacqueline Carey: I sent her books a week ago. She got them yesterday, signed them, and got them back into the mail today. I should receive them sometime next week and I will ship them out immediately.
- Tad Williams: Tad has had copies of his book for several weeks now but illness hit his household as well, setting him back. He has the books and he’s going to try to sign them in the next week.
- Kristen Britain: The 20 copies of Firebrand that came in had severely damaged dust jackets, something I abhor. My book distributor is as we speak trying to get new copies or get new dust jackets. I should know more about this next week as well.
- John Scalzi: This signing wasn’t late but I did see John for his signing. All ordered copies of The Collapsing Empire have shipped.
- Timothy Zahn: This signing wasn’t late but I did see Tim on the scheduled date and he signed copies of Thrawn as planned. All copies not waiting on other receipt books have shipped.
All other signings, I think, have been completed if they could be. And we have signings with Robin Hobb and Terry Brooks coming up, not to mention the new signing I’m about to announce.
Thank you for your well wishes, your patience, and your love of books. I’m trying my best. And as I often say, this too shall pass.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comment section or send me an email.
Best Reading Wishes,