Hi SF&F Fans,
2021 is a big year for Dune. The movie hits US theaters tomorrow. There is a new trilogy publishing from Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. And there is a myriad of merchandise items out there.
The Signed Page is carrying dust jacket-signed copies of Dune: Lady of Caladan by Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson, as most of you are aware. Since they have been so busy with the movie release and not really being home all that often, I’ve had to wait to get the dust jackets signed. I’m mailing them on October 25th to Kevin. Then he will mail them to Brian and I’ll snag them from him since we are local to one another.
When I ordered the books from Tor/Macmillan, they shipped the books double-boxed. Which is great normally because it helps prevent UPS demolishing the books while they are en route. But there were about 12 damaged copies. I requested to return them as damaged — and Tor did something really cool. They offered me credit for the damaged copies like they normally would, but then they told me to donate or use them in a giveaway. Never has a publisher offered this but I love it.
So. I have 12 copies of Dune: Lady of Caladan. They are unsigned. They are slightly damaged — bumped spines or struck corners. If you’d like a copy of this second volume in the new Dune trilogy, enter below. Here are the details:
- No purchase necessary
- Open to US residents only
- One entry per person
- Enter to win by 10AM PT October 27, 2021
- Winners drawn via a The Signed Page Facebook Live at
11AM PT 12PM PT October 27, 2021
- Winners will be posted on this page after the random number drawing
THE WINNERS ARE:
- Paul Perez
- Tina Park
- Kenneth Rowe
- Nikki Brown
- Laura Winfree
- Amber DURHAM
- Ed Lewis
- Joshua Ellis
- John Ficalora
- Jackie Pencka
- Albert Hoyt III
- John Sabia
Good luck! And may the Spice flow at the box office! Because I already know I want Part II of that movie.
With Ink Magic,
Well, I got sick. My son brought it home from school. Thankfully, it isn’t COVID. But I’m feeling pretty rotten right now which doesn’t bode well for shipping books.
That said, here is an update with what is going on with the various books:
- The Wisdom of Crowds by Joe Abercrombie: These books as well as the Corey books went missing in transit. When they resurfaced, half appeared at The Signed Page and half got shipped to Grim Oak Press three hours away. No idea why. And the books were damaged. Thankfully, I’ve shipped out most of the orders because I had enough. I’m shipping the books I do have while I await new copies from the publisher. Hope that will happen next week some time.
- Slewfoot by Brom: Brom has finished signing the 600 copies and I’ve finished shipping out all orders that aren’t waiting on other books to be completed. I have about 70 copies left and about the same amount of damaged books I’ll be offering at a discount. More on that soon.
- Leviathan Wakes 10th Anniversary by James S.A. Corey: These books as well as the Abercrombie books went missing in transit. When they resurfaced, half appeared at The Signed Page and half got shipped to Grim Oak Press three hours away. No idea why. And the books were damaged. For Levaithan Wakes, 8/10 books were severely damaged. I’m shipping the books I do have while I await new copies from the publisher. Hope that will happen next week some time.
- Dune: Lady of Caladan by Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson: Books arrived finally on Thursday. I went through them to remove the damaged copies, took the good dust jackets of the books, and I’m merely waiting on Kevin to have time to sign. Then the dust jackets will go to Brian. Once he’s finished signing, I’ll drive up to grab them from him. Hope this will take about two weeks.
- The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik: Books arrived finally on Friday. I went through them to remove the damaged copies, took the good dust jackets off the books, and have them boxed up. They will mail to Naomi tomorrow. Then, depending on her wrist and signing, she’ll send them back and I’ll ship. No timeline for this one.
There’s an update. The best I can do at this time. I’m update more once I know more from Orbit Books about the damaged copies I received. Like always, when your order ships, you will receive an email with tracking information.
Okay, back to bed for me. At least I’m reading something great… the omega editing read of Grim Oak Press’s special edition for Tailchaser’s Song by Tad Williams.
Summer is coming to an end and Fall is in the air in here in the Pacific Northwest. I love Fall. Great books always publish, the beauty of leaves changing, and of course rainy days made for reading.
I have posted several new signings up on The Signed Page. Definitely take a look. I think you’ll want most of them! I mean, come on: James S. A. Corey, Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson, Fonda Lee, and Tad Williams. And I also posted up copies of my double-signed and numbered book, Song of the Fell Hammer. If you are in the mood for a giant epic fantasy, it’s the book for you.
By now, you know what to do. But remember: Books pre-ordered on the same receipt won’t ship until the last book on the order has arrived into our warehouse.
PS: Peter V. Brett has the dust jackets for The Desert Prince. I am shipping dust jackets for Chuck Wendig’s new book today. And I’ve shipped copies of Sidewinders by Robert V. S. Redick already that aren’t waiting for other books to arrive on their receipts. Just an FYI!