Well, I got sick. My son brought it home from school. Thankfully, it isn’t COVID. But I’m feeling pretty rotten right now which doesn’t bode well for shipping books.
That said, here is an update with what is going on with the various books:
- The Wisdom of Crowds by Joe Abercrombie: These books as well as the Corey books went missing in transit. When they resurfaced, half appeared at The Signed Page and half got shipped to Grim Oak Press three hours away. No idea why. And the books were damaged. Thankfully, I’ve shipped out most of the orders because I had enough. I’m shipping the books I do have while I await new copies from the publisher. Hope that will happen next week some time.
- Slewfoot by Brom: Brom has finished signing the 600 copies and I’ve finished shipping out all orders that aren’t waiting on other books to be completed. I have about 70 copies left and about the same amount of damaged books I’ll be offering at a discount. More on that soon.
- Leviathan Wakes 10th Anniversary by James S.A. Corey: These books as well as the Abercrombie books went missing in transit. When they resurfaced, half appeared at The Signed Page and half got shipped to Grim Oak Press three hours away. No idea why. And the books were damaged. For Levaithan Wakes, 8/10 books were severely damaged. I’m shipping the books I do have while I await new copies from the publisher. Hope that will happen next week some time.
- Dune: Lady of Caladan by Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson: Books arrived finally on Thursday. I went through them to remove the damaged copies, took the good dust jackets of the books, and I’m merely waiting on Kevin to have time to sign. Then the dust jackets will go to Brian. Once he’s finished signing, I’ll drive up to grab them from him. Hope this will take about two weeks.
- The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik: Books arrived finally on Friday. I went through them to remove the damaged copies, took the good dust jackets off the books, and have them boxed up. They will mail to Naomi tomorrow. Then, depending on her wrist and signing, she’ll send them back and I’ll ship. No timeline for this one.
There’s an update. The best I can do at this time. I’m update more once I know more from Orbit Books about the damaged copies I received. Like always, when your order ships, you will receive an email with tracking information.
Okay, back to bed for me. At least I’m reading something great… the omega editing read of Grim Oak Press’s special edition for Tailchaser’s Song by Tad Williams.
A lot to be excited about in 2021 and these forthcoming signed books!
First, the amazing Jeff VanderMeer has offered to sign Hummingbird Salamander, his new book. Those of you who follow me know of my love for everything that Jeff writes. He’s simply one of the best in the business. But this book publishes in eight days. So if you are going to order this book, you’d better do it now. Because I will only order how many copies I need for the release at the end of the week.
After that, things get a little more manageable. Here is a list of all books that I just added:
Pretty exciting line-up, huh? These writers are all amazing and it feels like a perfect storm having them on The Signed Page at the same time. There are some others that will be added later this year when we get closer to their late-year publication dates.
A REMINDER THOUGH: If you order books on the same receipt, they will all ship together when the last book is signed. An example: If you order Hummingbird Salamander and Child of Light on the same receipt, Hummingbird Salamander will ship in October when Child of Light publishes.
Okay, back to work for me. But yeah… this is amazing. Hope this makes you guys happy!
I am a busy man. As many of you know, I not only run The Signed Page but I also own Grim Oak Press, the SF&F small press. They go hand-in-hand for many of you and I do indeed operate both of them out of my home.
It has been a busy 2017 so far but the year is about to get a whole lot busier. I have two and potentially three massive signings coming up in October via The Signed Page. And with Grim Oak Press, I have 1000 copies of The Sword of Shannara Limited Edition shipping to me in early August, 500 copies of Jim Butcher’s Shadowed Souls anthology shipping to me in September, and 500 copies of Peter Orullian’s The Unremembered coming in October if not earlier. In short, my garage is going to be overflowing with new books — books that need space to live.
That means I will be offering some sales on Grim Oak Press to move some of the books already on-hand. But that also means I have to do the same on The Signed Page.
I have discounted a number of titles to the sale price of $14. Just to move them and make room! Some of them only have a few copies while others I have more than a dozen.
One side note: The villains anthology Evil Is a Matter of Perspective — which I contributed a short story to — just arrived in and they did so with minor damage. It’s a great anthology though so I thought I’d offer the book at the sale discount as well despite being a new title.
Hope you take advantage!